I forgot if I had mentioned this before, but since I got trapped again,
I should memo this once again.
By default, the locale on Heroku is `
POSIX`, which is fine,
but in Ruby 1.9.2, this would affect `
and which would make Rails break for UTF-8 strings somehow.
So I have set
en_US.UTF-8 on some apps:
heroku config:add LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8and forgot to set it on other machines.
The other way, we can simply set
Encoding.default_external = 'utf-8'
somewhere in the program (e.g.
Gemfile), so that we're not relying on
Also, favor psych in 1.9.2 would be good. Put this in
begin require 'psych' YAML::ENGINE.yamler = 'psych' rescue LoadError end
ok, I think I have said it here:
1930. 04-25 Ruby gotcha from 1.8 to 1.9